Earlier this month, Mrs Blair held a reading workshop for parents. This was a very successful afternoon and we had lots of positive comments from parents.
We hope you enjoyed the workshop. Please share what you thought was useful, interesting, worthwhile.
- Watching the video helped with understanding the process of reading and how to use the Biff, Chip and Kipper books at home.
- The video example was great to show how the children learn in class.
- Interesting to understand the challenges a child may face when reading
- Good to see the structure of a reading group
- Helpful to know parents role in helping child improve reading skills.
- I really enjoyed the workshop. I wish the school had done this when my son (now P4) was in P1.
- It was interesting to see how Danestone have implemented literacy within early years.
- It was good to be reminded of how much the children have to take in.
- Strategies used when teaching reading.
- Learning about 4 areas of literacy
During this workshop, Mrs Blair shared a video of her reading with a group of pupils and we thought this would be useful to share with you all.
We are hoping to arrange more parent drop in sessions soon.